Thursday, May 7, 2009

Phalke Awards 2009

Veteran Actor Manoj Kumar was felicitated with the 'Phalke Ratna award' for his contribution to the Indian film industry and an overwhelmed Kumar said,"I am honoured to receive this prestigious award from the Academy. I am thankful for considering me and my work."

Phalke Awards 2009

Filmmaker Randhir Kapoor received the 'Phalke Kalptaru award' on behalf of his grandfather and legendary actor Prithviraj Kapoor, and said "It is a great moment and I am happy and honoured to receive this award for my 'dadaji'. He added that "It is Dadasaheb Phalke who gave the Kapoor family "a job." Whatever we are today, it is because of
him," Kapoor said.

Another Kapoor to be awarded on the occasion was noted actor Shammi Kapoor. He was honoured with the 'Phalke legendary Actor Award'.

Ashutosh Gowariker was also honoured for a 'memorable commercial film' - 'Jodhaa Akbar'."Every award has its own importance and significance. To receive award from the Academy of father of Indian cinema - Dadasaheb Phalke - is in itself an honour. It feels immense pleasure to receive this award along with several other noted artists from the industry," Gowariker said.

The awards have been instituted by Dadasaheb Phalke Academy in honour of the father of Indian cinema whose 148th birth anniversary is celebrated on April 30.

Another personality to be awarded was Shamshad Begum, one of the first
playback singers in Bollywood, and who has given us memorable hits like 'Kajra Mohabtawala...' and 'Leke Pehla Pehla Pyar...'.Shamshad Begum was honoured with the 'Phalke Golden Era Singer Award'.

The nonagenarian singer, who required help to get on the stage because of frail health, said, "though I have got the award when I am in my 90s, I am very happy about it."

Vipin Reshammiya, honoured for his contribution as musician and film producer, said, "I thank you all for the love and support that you have given me and hope that the same will be passed on to my son,
Himesh.""I am thankful to all who have given so much recognition to my
father. I owe my entire success to him," Himesh said.

Also, for the first time L V Prasad Group of companies conferred 'Shri L K Prasad Phalke award' on Surinder Kapoor for his contribution as a film producer to the industry.

Similarly, Manju Sharma was awarded for her contribution as a hair dresser, Anand Jagdane for his work as a make-up artist, Purshottam Bangera for his work as a dummy effect artist, Ajay Chadda for his work as a voice artist.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment