Friday, November 20, 2009

Lifetime achievement honour for Gulzar

Noted lyricist Gulzar was bestowed with the lifetime achievement honour at a function in Mumbai. Also actress Priyanka Chopra and actor Shahid Kapoor won the Teacher's Achievement Awards.

Gulzar


Priyanka Chopra bagged the award in the entertainment category. She said, “I am thankful to the jury. Whenever I get a prize, I think this would not have been possible without the constant support of my parents.” She dedicated her award to her mother.

Shahid bagged the Teacher's People Magazine Achiever award. He told IANS, “I feel special. It's really a big achievement when such an eminent set of jury has decided to give me the award.”

Said the award presenter, “We are hopeful that each edition of the Teacher's Achievement Awards shall inspire and encourage people from all walks of life to strive for accomplishment that not just add to individual glory but also propel societal growth and well-being.”

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment