Monday, November 16, 2009

Suniel Shetty wins


Away from the mainstream, recently bollywood actor Suniel Shetty won the prestigious award of ‘Best Actor’ for his upcoming ‘Red Alert’ at South Asian International Film Festival. The festival which was held in New York started on 28 Oct and closed on 3 November.

It was memorable event for the actor as he has won only one award in 17 years of his career in the world of Bollywood. Even the filmmaker Ananth Mahadevan was very happy with the news of actor winning the award. Says Ananth: “When I approached Suniel Shetty for ‘Red Alert’, he requested me not to make a film with him alone in the lead role as it wouldn’t yield positive results. But I was keen on casting him in my film’s lead role and we have finally achieved it.”

Says Suniel, “Winning an award at such a big film festival is a big high for me as an actor. Now I really want to do good films and work harder and better.” His upcoming film is ‘De Dana Dan’, which is set to release on Nov 27.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment